You might have seen all the latest buzz about CBD products designed for pets. They come in oils, treats, sprays, and more. Your CBD Store in Keller carries CBD bacon dog treats that are popular with our customers’ pets. They contain zero THC and were formulated by veterinarians to be safe and effective. Unfortunately, not all pet CBD products are created equal.
As CBD continues to grow in popularity, and as it becomes legal in more states, people are increasingly turning to the cannabinoids. Many people swear by CBD and claim to be much happier and healthier now that they’ve added it to their daily regimens. With so much anecdotal evidence, it’s no wonder people are beginning to embrace CBD products for their smallest, fuzziest family members: their pets.
You need only look online to find CBD-infused tinctures, supplements, and treats for dogs and cats. Scientists have found that these animals have an endocannabinoid system just like humans. What does this mean for CBD pet products? Are they really a good idea? Here are some things to consider before you add CBD to your pet’s routine.
Pet CBD: Studies are Underway
Unfortunately, there are no complete published studies that prove CBD is good for pets. However, there is no evidence that CBD is bad for them, either. Both the American Kennel Club and PetMD consider CBD to be a safe supplement as long as certain precautions are taken.
How to Protect Your Pet
Just as with humans, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence in the pet community that CBD has made a difference in animals’ quality of life. If you’re curious and want to try it with your own pet, you’re free to do so anywhere that CBD is legal, including all of Texas. Please follow these guidelines for your pet’s safety:
- Know What You’re Getting. Purchase your CBD from a reputable source whose products are independently lab-tested, like Your CBD Store in Keller. That way, you can be sure you’re getting the advertised amount of CBD in the products you purchase, and no THC, which could be harmful to pets.
- Use Pet-Specific Products. Avoid giving your pet any CBD products intended for humans. These might contain additives like xylitol or grapeseed oil that are toxic to pets.
- Beware Drug Interactions. If your pet has medical conditions for which they take medications, ask your veterinarian if CBD will interact with their medicine. Vets cannot recommend CBD in most states, but they can answer questions about it.
- Choose the Best Dosing Method. If your animal loves treats, CBD-infused pet treats will probably be a hit. If your pet is good about taking medications, oil tinctures could be a good choice because the dosing is highly adjustable.
- Follow Dosing Guidelines. Follow the dosing guidelines given to you by your veterinarian or the product manufacturer. It’s still unknown whether too much CBD could be harmful to pets, so play it safe by heeding the advice of those who have the most knowledge and experience on the matter.
Your CBD Store in Keller: A Trusted CBD Source for Pets and People
At Your CBD Store in Keller, we only sell the highest quality CBD products. Every product has been independently tested and evaluated, and we publish the lab results publicly. That’s because we understand the importance of knowing exactly what you’re putting into your body, or your pet’s. Please call us to learn more about our CBD pet treats and many other products!